We love food that is both delicious and nutritious. These guilt free muffins are a perfect fast breakfast or a healthy snack on-the-go.
1 1/2 cup organic flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
3 TB canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup spinach, chopped in blender or food processor (it will look like a lot less than 1 cup once chopped)
1 tsp lemon zest
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. Prepare muffin tray with butter or non-stick spray.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
4. In a standup mixing bowl, whisk together egg, honey and apple sauce.
5. Add canola oil, spinach, vanilla, and lemon zest to wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
6. Gently mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
7. Pour batter into muffin tins.
8. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
9. Pop muffins out of pan and let cool.
That's it! These spinach muffins prove that it can be easy being green!