Easy Apple Appetizers
We love all of the fun fall activities we can now share with our little ones. And top of the list is always apple picking at one of the local orchards. So this week we're sharing two of our favourite recipes featuring the oh-so-delicious apple. We love these simple bites because they don't take a ton of prep time, the ingredient list is low, and our guests always come back for more. So grab your apple haul, and give these favourites a try! Happy cooking and happy fall!
4 apples, very thinly sliced
4 tsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 200 F. Place parchment paper onto two large baking sheets. You can also place a heat-safe cooling rack on top of the baking sheets.
2. In a large bowl, toss apples with sugar and cinnamon.
3. Place apples onto baking sheets, making sure no apples overlap.
4. Cook for 2-3 hours, turning halfway through cooking time. Apples should be dried out and somewhat crisp but still pliable.
Baked brie and apples
8-ounce wheel of brie
1 tbsp of butter
2 large apples, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp of brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place the wheel of brie in a ceramic baking dish or on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
3. Melt butter in small saucepan on medium heat. Add the chopped apples and brown sugar. Cook until apples are soft, about five minutes,
4. Place baked brie on a serving dish. Top with apple mixture. Serve immediately with pita chips and/or fresh bread.
What are some of your go-to apple recipes? We're always looking to add to our list!
xo Jacqueline and Lindsay
3/25/2020 09:51:34 am
Wow! What a great recipe that we can all try at home most especially since we have lots of available time at the moment. My family is a big fan of Apple and I know that they will totally love this as much as I do. Well, I also have to say that this is the first time that we will be doing this in case I will be able to get all the needed ingredients by tomorrow and I am so excited to see the result of our little experiment. And since you have also mentioned that this is an easy one, then I guess I will have no problems with making it. Thank you and please wish me luck.
Leave a Reply.
Jacqueline and Lindsay are sisters and new moms living on the East Coast of Canada.